Sunday, June 28, 2009

'Rosbif'



Both the young man and the wife claim that Rosbif is their favourite. Of course, they also claim that numerous other things are their favourite when I cook these, but a rolled sirloin or (as tonight) a rib is always popular and a bit of a celebration.

I think I learned to roast beef from Jane Grigson's English Food" - one of the first recipe books that I ever bought. Just 23 minutes at 220 degrees on turbo fan setting are need to produce a pink and succulent 1 Kg roast rib...enough for the three of us and more.





I also use a recipe in English Food for the Yorkshires. Jane's recipe and the whole story of Prize-Winning Chinese Yorkshire pudding is recounted here. According to the Guardian, which covered the competition, 'his ingredients [were] oddly arranged, but his pudding swelled to the height of a coronation crown'

And they do!


No comments:

Post a Comment