Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Monkfish, friend style!

This is a guest post by the young men

Hello Internet! This is the young mans friend and I've had a bit of a relaxed time when it comes to the kitchen, I've had to eat a cooked breakfast almost everyday day and I've had lunch literally put on a plate for me but when the sun dips behind the trees and the blogger starts to even think about dinner I immediately rush to my book hoping he might leave me to read and just use one man for the lesser culinary jobs.This doesn't work and I get put by the table top and asked to pulp some garlic or wrap some monkfish or skewer some beef.I guess this isn't that bad but the garlic sticks to everything and the monkfish smells and the lemon stings as it seeps into the scratches on my hands and the lambs kidneys freak me out and you get the picture,I like food more than cooking! However, at times it can be peaceful, that is , if you get the easy jobs like chopping(but not peeling!).

Today the blogger tells me "we're having monkfish", at first I thought that it would be fine, then he said that it needed to be wrapped in parma ham and that the potatoes needed to be peeled.When something 'needs' to be done it means that we(the young men) have to do something.This is: Monkfish with Parma Ham.

The blogger filleted the monkfish and cut them into approximately 135g pieces(quarters of a whole tail). I,the guest, then prepared them rubbed a little oil,salt,pepper and a squeeze of lemon into the fillets .I then wrapped the monkfish in the parma ham beautifully to make four neat parcels ready for roasting (a tip: put the fillet diagonal to the parma ham,on a chopping board,and at a diagonal to the ham and at one of the top corners,then roll the monkfish down,again on a diagonal, to make sure that the monkfish is completely covered) then roast in a fan oven at 210 for 7 minutes in an oil-less shallow roasting dish.

'His Majesty' The Young Man
- As if this conglomeration (spelt correctly?) of flavours was not enough, I tortured table-sitters with my blend of Nectarines, Blackcurrants and L'Occitane hand-cream. Nectarines were cut into questionable quarters with uneven amounts of Blackberries spread over the three bowls. If you have managed to complete this task, Congratulations! You qualify for the same medication as me. If not, you have suceeded in serving fruit ...in a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment