Saturday, July 11, 2009

We are In...

Let me explain. Yesterday the young man said ' I think you should have a night off Dad. Let's go to the movies and eat out tomorrow." He then disappeared to the wilds of Guildford for the 'GuilFest'. "I'm really looking forward to Attack! Attack!" he opines. So today I had planned to write about meze and the delights of Al Dar...

Last night he stays in a tent with 3 mates - all girls - in one of their parents' gardens. "I got woken by the dawn chorus at 4 o' clock" he recounts on his return, "...and I've got swine 'flu". He sleeps for 3 hours in the afternoon and emerges at 1900. It's clear I'm not having a night off cooking. But what to cook?

I construct a 'sausage pasta'. There are real Toulouse sausages (100% meat). We grill these and chop them up. Scraping 300g pasta together from two different types we boil it. (13 minute for the Conchigilie and 12 for the Farfalle). Once drained Pepper and Rocket are added followed by parmigiano and the Rocket wilts. Add the sausage then 'Seeds of Change' tomato and basil. Top with grilled Haloumi and bake for 20 minutes.

Comfort food for the whole family. "Dad I know a good business to start. What about a company that will deliver any DVD you like in just 30 minutes?"

We watch endless Dr Who in the absence of this yet-to-be-started enterprise.







Al Dar another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment